RULES & TERMS
- This is an Indo-Bangladesh contest. The Competition is open to filmmakers who are Indian and Bangladeshi nationals.
- Short films must be under 30 minutes in length including credits, and documentary films must not exceed 45 minutes in length including credits.
- Short films must be fiction films.
- Films submitted already in any previous edition of the SSDFF are not eligible.
- The films must include English subtitles unless the spoken language is English.
- All fees are non-refundable.
- Any technical issues with the submitted films are 100% the responsibility of the filmmakers. If, at the time of judging, your video file doesn’t work or doesn’t have English subtitles (if in a language other than English), it will be automatically rejected, without a refund. Please contact the festival team ASAP if there are any issues with the submission process, and a solution will be found.
- Films with a poor production standard (bad sound, or video resolution less than 1080p HD) will be rejected.
- SSDFF is a competitive event and unless notified otherwise, all films officially selected are eligible for competition. Not all submissions received are selected for SSDFF.
- SSDFF reserves the right to refuse to accept any submission deemed by the Festival to be inappropriate.
- Films must be completed between 1st January 2021 and 31st August 2023 and duly authenticated by entrant in the entry form.
- To complete your submission the festival requires a preview copy. Please submit the preview link of your film (with password) preferably in mp4 format (resolution not less than 1080p) through Vimeo/YouTube/Google Drive. The password (if any) of the YouTube/Vimeo link should be valid until Oct 01, 2023.
- Fill your entry form online through our website: siliguricinesociety.com
- Only selected films will be intimated by email. No letters of non-acceptance will be sent. List of selected films will be available on the website by 15th Sept 2023.
- The officially selected films must be available for festival screening on High Quality MP4 through Google Drive/OneDrive/Dropbox etc. (Required Resolution 1080p).
- Eminent Juries will be appointed by the Siliguri Short and Documentary Film Festival (SSDFF) Authority. No person with any involvement in the films will be present on the Jury.
- A minimum of at least 7 (seven) films (short or documentary) is required for the competition to run in a section.
- The filmmakers accept responsibility for all trademark and copyrighted materials, shown or recorded, on the project.
- Filmmakers agree that their film, or clips from it, and all other material related to their project may be used and/or published in the event program, festival website, social networking sites, blog, or for other Festival promotional purposes.
- Filmmakers promise to provide SSDFF with a full electronic press kit that must include a trailer, images for web and print, cast & crew information, and film synopsis. We can’t promote you without your help.
- By submitting to us, you give us the right to screen your film in front of a live audience at the theatre chosen by the festival committee.
- We retain the right to change the date and venue of the festival under special circumstances. All filmmakers will be informed about any changes through our online platforms.
- The Director of the festival has the power to waive any of the above-mentioned rules.
- Any questions – feel free to contact us at [email protected]
ENTRY SUBMISSION DEADLINES AND ENTRY FEES:
FOR INDIAN ENTRY
- Early bird deadline: June 15, 2023, Entry Fees Rs. 500
- Standard deadline: July 15, 2023, Entry Fees Rs. 600
- Final deadline: August 15, 2023, Entry Fees Rs. 700
- Extended deadline: August 25, 2023, Entry Fees Rs. 1000
- Late Extended deadline: August 31, 2023, Entry Fees Rs. 1500
FOR BANGLADESH ENTRY
- Early bird deadline: June 15, 2023, Entry Fees 700 taka
- Standard deadline: July 15, 2023, Entry Fees 850 taka
- Final deadline: August 15, 2023, Entry Fees 950 taka
- Extended deadline: August 25, 2023, Entry Fees 1500 taka
- Late Extended deadline: August 31, 2023, Entry Fees 2500 taka
Payment can be made electronically in the following accounts:
For Indian Entry:
Account Name: Siliguri Cine Society
A/C No: 11168681419
IFSC Code: SBIN0000184
Bank/Branch: State Bank of India, Siliguri Branch
Demand Draft in favour of ‘Siliguri Cine Society’, payable at Siliguri.
For Bangladesh Entry:
Account Name: Sree Krishno Ghosh
Hisab No: 5309034090145
Bank Name: Nilphamari Sonali Bank Limited, Sakha Sonchoy, Nilphamari
All correspondence should be made to the following address:
Address: Pradip Nag, Secretary, Siliguri Cine Society, HNAF, Saibal Mansion
16 Hill Cart Road, Siliguri-734001, Dist.-Darjeeling (WB)
Alternate Address: Ujjwal Ghosh, Kanchenjungha lodge, Bidhan Road, Siliguri
Email: [email protected]